Welcome to Kansas Lifeline Free Government Smartphones and Free Government Cell Phones Page!
In spite of Kansas unemployment rate being below 4%, which is one the lowest numbers in over a decade, there more than 382,000 people officially considered poor. The annual income of these Kansans is below the poverty line specified in the Federal Poverty Guidelines. In reality, there are even more people in Kansas who are in urgent need of help. For this reason, the federal and the state authorities offer a range of assistance programs. Low-income Americans can apply and receive various things at no cost, including food, energy, and free phones. The latter are available through Kansas Lifeline assistance.
Lifeline Free Government Cell Phones Program in Kansas
As long as your income is within the limits prescribed by the government, or you participate in one or more assistance programs, you have a great opportunity to get even more help: you can enroll in free government smartphones/cell phones program with one of the following free phones providers in Kansas.
- Access Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
- Craw-Kan Telephone Cooperative
- Cunningham Telephone Company
- Budget Mobile
- EnTouch Wireless
- Gorham Telephone Company
- H & B Communications
- Life Wireless
- Nex-Tech Wireless
- Rainbow Communications
- S & A Telephone Co.
- Safelink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Tag Mobile
- Tempo Wireless
- Total Call Mobile
- Q Link Wireless
- United Telephone Association
- US Cellular
- Wheat State Telephone
Who is eligible for free government smartphones and free government cell phones in Kansas?
You are probably eligible for a free phone from the government if you are a participant of any of the following government-paid programs:
- Food Stamps/ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Section 8/ Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- United Tribes Food Distribution Program
- Head Start
- General Assistance
- Food Distribution Program.
You can also qualify based on the household income rule: your household income has to be lower or at the level of 150% of Federal Poverty Guidelines for Kansas. For 2016 this number is shown in a table below.
|Household size (number of people)||Eligible annual income per household|
|For each additional person, add||$6,240|
Click here to learn how you can enroll in Kansas free government smartphones, free government cell phones Lifeline program.