Welcome to Alaska Free Government Smartphones and Free Government Cell Phones Page! Though Alaska is the least densely populates U.S. state, it has one of the highest median household income. Nevertheless, there are many people who are not that rich, and, hence, they rely on authorities’ helping hand in their day to day life. For that matter, the Lifeline assistance program is available for Alaskans, too, and not only in Juneau or Anchorage but in other places of this cold state, as well.
Lifeline Free Government Cell Phones Program in Alaska
No doubt, total population number largely determines how many wireless service providers conduct their business in the area. And, since Alaska is not a big state concerning residents count, there are not many carriers that provide free government smartphones and cell phones here. Still, Alaskans can choose from a few of them. As usually, reading about their offers and plans might be a smart thing to do before enrollment in free phones from the government program. Keep in mind, that some of the providers do not actually give out free gadgets, but offer very lucrative service plans at a very low price.
Arctic Slope Telephone Association Cooperative (ASTAC)
Bristol Bay Cellular
Copper Valley Wireless
Cordova Wireless Communications
Windy City Cellular
Who is eligible for free government smartphones and free government cell phones in Alaska?
You are probably eligible for a free phone from the government if you are a participant of any of the following government-paid programs:
- Food Stamps/ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Section 8/ Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Free Lunch Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Alaska Adult Public Assistance
- Alaska Heating Assistance Program
- Alaska Public Housing
- Alaska Senior Care
- Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP)
- Child Care Assistance (PASS I, II, III)
- Denali Kid Care
- Pioneer Home Payment Assistance
- Citizen Housing Development Fund
- Home Investment Partnership Program (“HOME”)
- Interest Rate Reduction for Low Income Borrowers
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Veteran Affairs Disability Pension
- WIC – Women Infants and Children Program.
You can also qualify based on the household income rule: your household income has to be lower or at the level of 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines for Alaska. For 2016 this number is shown in a table below.
Household size (number of people)
Eligible annual income per household
|For each additional person, add||
Click here to learn how you can enroll in Alaska free government smartphones, free government cell phones Lifeline program.